Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reflections on the Week

¡Hola!Bonjour!Hallo!Olá!!

I hope your weekends are going well. This week was CRAZY busy and I wasn't able to get out into nature and bike. I had to do a stationary (booooo) totally NOT as fun. What-so-ever. I'm 100% positive I burned more calories on the stationary bike but it was quite the different experience. It did not bring the same tranquil, peaceful feeling that biking outside does. I think I will get back to biking outside next week.


I'm really excited because I'm going to Pensacola for Spring Break and I will be able to bike there anytime I want (assuming the weather is as fabulous as it usually is this time of year).
<---- This is a bike trail in Pensacola!

Reflecting on This Week's Discussion

I really liked hearing about everyone's articles in class on Wednesday. It was great to see people speak with passion about environmental issues. My group, Lane, Tia, Shannon and myself, discussed a few different things, but the issue that we talked about the longest was the oil spill in the gulf. Lane brought in an article about baby dolphins and it was so sad! (Below is a picture of a marine biologist taking samples from a baby dolphin that was found on the Alabama coast) It literally pissed me off. So, I went home and I called my state representative in Florida and told him that I didn't think the problem was solved and that just because media coverage was gone didn't mean that it wasn't still on the mind of Florida residences.

It was quite a short conversation, especially, since, I had to leave it as a message with his secretary. At any rate, I think it is important that we never forget what happened and that we personally try our best to monitor how the Gulf is being effected.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment