Thursday, March 3, 2011

Biking (well running and biking) and Media Article

This week I did some stationary biking followed by running to try and mix it up this week. I stationary biked for about and hour and a half and then went running for half an hour. My legs were sore after becase I did not give myself very much rest time. I was very bored staionary biking but had a blast running. I didn't run hard because I was enjoying nature and the wonderful weather I had the other day. I may take up biking when I get home, when I only have to worry about destroying my own bike and not someone else's.
I also strated myplate this week. I started it on March 1st and plan to track my progress for at least the rest of this month. I hope this will help me in making sure I eat enough, or at least be able to see what I am getting enough of and what I need more of. I do like this sight for tracking everything so far. I just hope to maintian this determination for the remainder of the month.
The media article my group choice this week was about the naked bike ride that is held annually in Colorado. There are more than 100 people who attend this race every year. This years race will be this month and on part of a new cylce walkway they have been working on getting. The reason they ride nude is to highlight the vulnerability of cyclists on the raodway. This article was very interesting and I had no idea that a race like this even existed. I personally don't think I would do a race naked, mainly because I feel like I would be uncomfortable. However I think it is a good concept.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, please write a post about the article that YOU picked out and brought to class.

    ReplyDelete