Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project Ideas

This week, we got to discuss some of our ideas regarding our service projects with Matt Gymer from Novant Health. It was a good opportunity to flesh out some of the ideas we had in our minds. Matt seemed intrigued by Cassie’s idea to create an app of some sort that we could use at Salem and expand to other colleges. I think that this is a great idea and that it would be really helpful to have an app that would keep track of my unique wellness rather than a generic one that does not necessarily have information specific to me. I can’t wait to get started working to figure out just what will be on the app and how we can make it applicable to all students. I also enjoyed the opportunity to see how SurveyMonkey works. I have received many surveys from it but I have never personally used it. After seeing just what it entails, however, I think that it should be fairly easy. I want to find out what our results will be and how we can incorporate them into our project to make something that will really help the Salem community.

Since the weather was so nice on Saturday, I decided to walk my dog at a local park. I think we both really enjoyed it and I was sore the next day from all the hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment