Monday, March 14, 2011

Projects/Health/Kiva

I am really excited about the fact that our Novant health group could come up with an actual app that will help control students health habits. Great idea Cassie and Meghan! Matt Gymer seemed please with the idea. Our group also seemed excited and ready to plunge forward with great energy. I am looking forward to working on this project with you ladies.

I am really into walking now. At first, I was all about becoming a biker on a regular basis. Then I was going to be this religious excerciser on the stationary bike. I still excercise on the bike but walking has become my thing. As soon as I started using my pedometer, it made me want to walk. I am walking 1 1/2/ to 2 miles everyday. It is like excercising without you knowing that you are doing it. You would really be amazed at how many steps a person takes in one day! My hat is off to Dr. Allen for making me change my lifestyle. I am eating much healthier while calculating calories with My Plate, walking on a regular basis (you can do this anywhere) and I am very conscious about food sources and how they were grown. Before this class, I ate a lot of processed food and did not exercise at all. I must say at 51 years of age I am probably the healthiest I have ever been. It is never to late to start. My husband is eating healthier and is excercising on a regular basis as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear about your progress. You can sense your excitement about the changes you are making in your life, both from an eco-conscious and health perspective.

    ReplyDelete