Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Hey Classmates,

I figured this may be the best way to reach everyone at once to let you know that I am still here and part of the class. I've been dealing with some pretty severe illness in my family but it seems that everyone is on the mend and I'll be back in the classroom tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing you all again!

My cycling has not been going very well, to be honest. The first week was fun riding around my neighborhood and having a picnic with my kids, but my next cycling session I opted to try the stationary bike in the fitness center. My dance class is above the fitness center, and since I have a good chunk of time between that class and our bio I figured I'd cycle away the time. However, I have to say I was so bored by the lack of mobility and change of scenery. I fully expect the outdoor experience on one of the greenways to be much more thrilling. I was only able to stay on the bike for about twenty minutes, even with adjusting the resistance and the difficulty levels mechanically. I suppose if one is looking to cycle primarily as a work out then the stationary bike might be a better option, but I am interested in an experience that includes fresh air in a peaceful setting.

This Friday, since everyone in my home is recovered and heading back to school, I will have some time to take a ride out on one of the greenways. I will bring my camera and hope that the sun continues to peek through. I haven't decided if I'm going to bike or roller skate but I'll probably bring both options and make a game time decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment