Saturday, March 19, 2011

hiking, hiking and more hiking

Really excited this week with all the hiking I've gotten in. The warmer weather and sunshine beckons me outside. This week I've hiked quite a few trails, most of them lugging a 27 pound baby in a back pack carrier. In total I've been able to hike 20 miles so far and looking forward to five more tomorrow. The act of moving the body is so basic and so needed if the world around us is to embrace more healthful attitudes and actions. What better place to move the body than outdoors. There is something about being surrounded by the natural world that induces a calming effect in me. This is one of the reasons preserving our environment is so important. We need the natural environment whether we can realize it or not. Maybe after taking this Environmental Biology class we'll all be able to better communicate how important the natural world around us and communicate that we are only one part.

No comments:

Post a Comment