Sunday, March 13, 2011

Projects galore

I was very happy to have a sort of reduced load this week.  I'm sure I would much rather have spring break for both WSSU and Salem at the same time, but I was able to get alot of work done this week at Salem.

It was great to have Matt and Nick back on Wednesday to help get the wheels rolling on the student projects.  I heard so many good ideas bouncing around those rooms, I'm excited to see what ends up sticking.  We will spend a little time on Monday hearing from one group about recruiting the other students to participate in their project.  The semester will be over before we know it, so keep up all the hard work.

As far as my personal outdoor/health goals I have been keeping up with riding and eating healthfully.  I have to say I have a new obsession with Tofu that is kind of hard to manage.  I haven't been eating any wheat/gluten or caffeine, but I still find it really difficult to stay away from all dairy.  Whey is in my protein shake AND in my protein bars, I love greek/bulgarian yogurt.  Thursday is traditionally gelato at Caffe Prada day, and they haven't had dairy free Blood Orange Sorbetto in awhile, so I've been "forced" to get the dairy gelato!  Sad I know.

So after I was rained out last weekend AND on Wednesday & Thursday this week, I had to get half of my 70 miles on a spin bike.  Finally on Saturday the sun began to shine again and it was a beautiful day for biking.  A portion of Salem Creek Trail was under water again, but I was not alone and the water was not as high as it was on my ride on Monday.  Here is a clip of me at the creek ford. 

How has everyone been doing?  Its nice to see the posts of you getting outside with your families.  Any ecotourism adventures planned for spring break?  I want to hear about it.  I think I will be heading up to the Virginia Creeper Trail, which is a Rails to Trails project that intersects with the AT. The trail takes the rider 34 miles from Whitetop Station, near the NC state line, to Abingdon Virginia.  Check it out.

http://www.vacreepertrail.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment