Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beautiful Saturday

I hope everyone enjoyed the extraordinary day today, it was so lovely outside. Too lovely, in fact. I woke up early and did some brainstorming for my group's project (I'm with the CDI folks), and intended to spend the rest of the day knocking out some papers. However, the sunshine was way too alluring and I found myself blowing everything off to take my kids and dog on a terrific hike/bike ride/scooter ride throughout our neighborhood. It was an excellent stress relief, I realized. For when we made it back home a few hours later I was so much more relaxed and able to focus on some of the assignments that had been set aside when Miles (my son) was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

I feel really excited, more excited than I had initially thought I would be, about the bike project with my group. Since meeting yesterday to nail down some specifics I feel like I have something concrete to start working on. It's also been fun getting to know members of my group and hearing about their different experiences biking and hiking and what have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment