Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What is spinning?

Yesterday Matt mentioned spinning, and I know Desiree' tried a spinning class at the local YMCA.  But is anyone else interested in trying this version of cycling?  I attended the Power Spin class this morning at the Gold's Gym on Reynolda and mentioned the grassroots biology class to my instructor and another instructor who was in the class.  They said they would love to have my students out to try a spin class.  Anyone interested?  It is intense, but you might find it fun to try it out.  If you are interested, let me know, we can pick a day (Sunday?) and I will make arrangements with the club.

Now I would much rather ride outside, but it really is two different ways to experience something I enjoy.  Outside, it is quiet and I can pay attention to my surrounds and have some moments of peace and reflection.  Inside, the music is pumping and so is my heart.  It is the only place I get the chance to listen to Top 20 music :)   Tomorrow in class, I will remind everyone of this opportunity to try a spin class at Gold's Gym, in addition to the two trips (biking & trails) this weekend.  If you are interested in biking on Saturday afternoon, let me know tomorrow so that I can reserve the bikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment