Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sniffly Walk

I'd been waiting to do the bike ride until I felt better, but my cold didn't budge by Sunday, so I did a walk instead. I started out at the head of the Salem Creek Trail off Peter's Creek. First off, I've never seen a trail that started at the back of a shopping center before, nor have I seen an almost completely paved trail. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled? I've only ever been on trails in the mountains or the country, so I was a bit surprised with the asphalt and the power lines and the constant awareness of cars nearby. I guess I thought it was going to be more nature-y and quiet. The creek had a fair amount of litter on and around it, too, also something I didn't expect. I didn't walk terribly far, just to Main Street and back. It was a fairly nice afternoon which was pleasant, but I couldn't really enjoy the fresh(er) air because I couldn't breathe! I'd like to see what the other trails/parks in the area have to offer, as I doubt I'll try this one again. It did make me want to try to find some of the trails I used to use back home when I was a kid, so that's positive. I think a lot of them are grown over by now, but maybe I can suss something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment