Monday, February 21, 2011

Burning Muscles & South Carolina

This week, I chose to cycle in the Fitness Center at Salem. I biked for 60 minutes with the new personal trainer. In addition to biking, I did squats for 30 minutes. Once again, I find my leg still burn. During the work out, my lungs felt great. My heart didn't beat out of my chest. Nor did I have soccer moms showing me up all around. It was great. This week, I hope to hit the cycling class again. Time was just an issue this week.

Every Tuesday, I ride at Hidden K Stables. I'm on the Equestrian team and have lessons once a week, in addition to a hack ride on my own. Yesterday, we had a show in Virginia. SOOOO in addition to riding a bike once this week, I've ridden a horse three times. Oh how my muscles burn...

Also, I've researched Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston blows me away! In 2009, the mayor created a "Charleston Bicycle Friendly Community Task Force" to increase the use of bicycles in Charleston. This city blows me away...you can essentially bike or walk EVERYWHERE! This committee is currently in the process of developing an action plan for developing a completely bicycle friendly city. In addition to reading about the amazing works of this committee, I read a blog called "sirbikesalot". He's amazing. Check it out for sure! (sirbikesalot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment