Sunday, February 27, 2011

Biking w/Kiva

I think all three projects sound interesting. Being outside and actually having hands on experience with building a trail sounds neat. I wish I did not live so far from Moore's Spring Trails. The drive is really not feasible for me. Novant Health and Center for Design Innovation seem to be going in the right directions as well. They both seem to have a zest for healthier communities and are interested in what people think and how people do things. They all three seem to want to make an everlasting change for the goodness and well being of thier communities and surrounding communities. It seems that the main objection is to educate people and promote awareness of healthier choices. Any of the three would be a fun challenge.

I did not get to do a lot of biking this week do to personal reasons with my mom. I am still riding my stationary bike when I can. My 4 mile goal has not been reached but I am doing 2 things that might spark some interest. I started the LIVESTRONG (my plate) calorie tracking. I was amazed that this week I consumed over 70% of fat while watching what I ate. I guess the solution is to eat nuts, bark, berries and leaves! I am not giving up yet. The second thing I am doing is wearing a pedometer. This tracks how many steps you take in a certain period of time. 10,000 steps = 1 mile. It is really cool. You would not believe how many steps you can take in a short period of time. I am not breaking any records but it is interesting all the same. The most I have calculated in one day was 15,867 steps. I am getting a little braver about the whole bike experience. Yesterday, while in Walmart (I am all about Wally World) I checked out the bikes. I saw one that I might purchase. It is called a Cruiser. Nothing fancy, just a regular bike. We will see what the future holds. As usual, Bike On!

No comments:

Post a Comment