Monday, February 21, 2011

"This bike was not meant to go up hills"



Hello Again!

This week was fabulous and there was ample opportunity to get out and do stuff (including bike).

So, my friend, Jenny and I rented bikes from Salem and went on our way again to Salem Lake again.

We did not get as far as I did last time. First of all, the bike I rented was very comfortable but not very athletic. I wanted to spare my butt this time, so I got the cruiser bike. Mistake, mistake. I'm thinking of buying a seat cushion for the athletic bikes because their seats really hurt the caboose, but the cruiser is hard to get up hills.
These bike rides are really giving Jenny and I the opportunity to bond a lot too. She has been my closest friend since my first year and I will miss her a lot when we graduate. I've also learned some stuff about Old Salem.

I love the various picture opportunities that are along the trail and I love photography so I think I will use some of them to shoot later.

One thing that I think would really improve the trail are solar powered lights. It got really dark around 6:30 so we couldn't ride very much of the trail. I don't really know how much the solar powered lights would cost but they would be most appreciated by all types of people.

We passes a few bikers but more walkers. It was nice to see other people using the trail.

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend bike shorts/pants. They have a bit of cushy in the tushy. Plus you can wear them under regular pants. You can get a cheap pair from Dick's or pay a little more and shop local at MOB or Ken's bike shops.

    ReplyDelete