Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Biking Adventure

OMG! The first part of this adventure, I tried a stationary bike and rode for approx. 2 minutes. (how embarrassing!) I visit my mom quite often, in my old neighborhood, and decided that part two of this adventure would be riding a bike instead of driving through the neighborhood. I was wobbly at first because the bike was old. I first rode down a hill (almost busting my #!*) with the handlebars shaking back and forth. Less than a couple of minutes I started to gain control but was still a little nervous. A new road had been built at the bottom of the hill and I had to struggle, not only to stay on the bike, but to make it up the hill. Eventually, I had to push the bike. It became somewhat humorous which caused me to become even weaker. Coming down the hill in the opposite direction was exciting! (Still nervous about wrecking!) I had never really noticed all the new industrial plants and businesses while driving. This experience was definately an eye opener but fun. I MAY ride with my nieces and nephews at some point. This experience has, however; motivated to reach personal goals on the stationary bike. I did not realize just how out of shape I am in. Bike On!

No comments:

Post a Comment