Monday, February 21, 2011

After class Ride

Motivated and inspired by our guest Matt Gymer (who averages over 30 miles on his bike daily), I decided that I will try to bike an average of 10 miles daily this week.  I already know biking on Friday and Sunday will probably not happen, so I knew I needed to get a jump on this week.  I realized that riding up to Salem Lake and back from Salem College is only 9 miles so I knew I needed to do more to reach my goal today.  But I didn't have a lot of time so I knew I couldn't make it around the entire lake either.  So after I went to Salem lake and back I then headed to Washington Park.  Making my ride just over 11 miles for today, not bad for about 45 minutes of riding.  I was pushing pretty hard, due to my time limitations, but I'm extremely happy with my ride today.

I will say I am exhausted.  I car pool with my husband and so everyday after class I walk over to his office in downtown Winston-Salem.  Today this mile long walk was really difficult after the fast/hard ride I just had.  I know I need to eat some food, maybe I'll try that Vega recovery drink, since I'm trying not to eat dairy, so my old Whey protien shake is out of the question.  I'll let you all know how it tastes.

One last note.  This is your own journey.  Do what you think is sustainable (what you can reasonably keep up with) and that you enjoy doing.  Set your own goals in this adventure into wellness and environmental responsibility.  Make sure to notice the big and small changes.


Websites from Today's Class:
Daily Plate
Backroads - Active vacationing
Brendan Brazier - Vegan Ironman
Wellness at Salem

UPDATE... Oh boy does that Vega taste good!  Can you sense my sarcasm?  I bought samples of 3 different flavors, so I'm hoping the next flavor is going to actually be palatable!!

1 comment:

  1. 11 miles in 45 minutes is great! This is a very good place to start a program, and glad to hear you were exhausted after the ride, I sense the happiness in your post as well:)

    ReplyDelete