Sunday, February 13, 2011

Biking with Friends: An Adventure to Salem Lake

Hello, Hello, my Salem sisters and fellow leaders of today!

My first experience biking was nothing less than interesting. I went on the trail to Salem Lake with two of my dearest and nearest friends. Not to my surprise, we had a lot of fun.

We rode for about an hour and a half (45 minutes there and back) and we stopped along the way to look at wild life, nature and to take various pictures of our surroundings (BELOW). The only time I had been on the trail before was in biology lab when I so gracefully slipped in mud. It reminded me of when I was a kid when me and my mom would go on bike rides to get from place to place. I think that was more out of necessity than pleasure, but I always thought it was fun. It gave me a chance to get outside, get fresh air and to bond with my friends in a new way.


Some people bike for sport, but, for now I think I'll bike for pleasure. My friends and I have arranged a time that we are going to go biking every week now. I'm excited to explore new green ways and watch the seasons change in a very new kind of way.

Oh! It was FREEZING, which was not so fun. This week's biking trip will include some nice chap stick.


No comments:

Post a Comment