Friday, February 18, 2011

Upcoming Events - Group Bike Ride and Trail Build: Weekend of February 26 & 27th

I wanted to announce a couple of class events I now have on the schedule.  These will be outside of the normal class time but I think it would be good to have some activities as a class, I understand if you can not attend.

Saturday Feb 26th (3pm-?):
Weather permitting, I will be going on a bike ride to Salem Creek/Lake trail.  The entire out and back from Salem is about 14 miles and will take between 1-1.5 hours.  If you don't want to or cant go for the entire route you can always turn around.  The part around the lake is unpaved and a bit rough in places, so if you are not comfortable you could always lock your bike up and walk it for a bit.  There are 12 bikes on Campus and I will find out what we have to do to get some/all of them during the weekend (update later).

Sunday Feb 27th (9am - 4pm):
Weather permitting, I will be going out to Moore's Springs Trails for the weekly trail build.  If anyone is leaning in the direction of working on this project I suggest you join me and find out for sure.  Even if you switch projects, you can count your time at MST towards your 30 hours.  I have room in my car for 3 extra people but if I get a bigger turn out (especially of students without their own transportation) we can take two of our cars and take up to 8 students (I have another driver).  Hopefully if more students want to come we can arrange a car pool.

FOR BOTH EVENTS.  We will meet outside the Science building on campus and leave at the time mentioned above.  If you have any questions email me or comment here!!

In other news...I am having issues with my email account and having trouble posting to Moodle.  I do have a new chapter to post, and will do so as soon as humanly possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dr. Allen!

    I am totally down for the February 27th Moore's Trail trip but I won't be able to make it to the group ride on the 26th (I will be out of town for my mom's birthday).

    ReplyDelete