Sunday, February 27, 2011

A walk and service project

I went out this afternoon to map out a way to get to Salem by bike with the least amount of involvement with traffic. Initially, I went down Marshall (I live on 1st) and then crossed over on Academy. I took the strollway back and this seems to be the best option to avoid traffic. I'll have to walk my bike (when I get one) up 1st as it's one way between my place and the strollway, and then bike once I reach it. I wanted to ask if anyone has opinions/ideas about buying a bike. I've been doing research online, but with all the info out there, it's kind of overwhelming. I don't want to spend a bazillion dollars on one, so that leaves the custom bikes out, but what should I be looking for in an everyday fixed gear bike? This was much simpler when I was a kid and all I had to decide about a bike was whether or not to get the white wicker basket with the daisies on it. :)

As for my service project, the one with Novant Health on Bike City USA seemed the most appealing to me since one of my majors is Creative Writing. I wasn't in class the day the person from the Center for Design Innovation came, but the project on Generating Buzz About The Bike also seems interesting since it involves creativity, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment