Friday, April 1, 2011

5 Reasons to Care About Where Your Food Comes From

If you are interested in sustainable agriculture and the other food related topics we have been discussing in class you will like this blog website I found today.  I was directed there by "Slow Food Piedmont Triad" a wonderful local nonprofit group (On facebook actually, its good for more than just catching up with high school friends).  Anyway check out the site called "Earth Eats: Real Food Green Living" it is part of Indiana Public Media.  I read an interesting blog post there today entitled "5 Reasons to Care About Where Your Food Comes From".  You can read about it here!

In cycling news, I have not been outside all week, I think it has actually been 2 weeks since I have biked outside, due to the cold weather.  I have made each of my normal Tuesday and Thursday spin classes these past few weeks, which has elevated my mood, but its just not the same.  I hope to get out tomorrow afternoon.  It is still supposed to be below 60 degrees, but I don't care I need to get outside.  At this point I miss being outside so much, I would bike in a winter coat :)  We are going to Asheville this weekend.  I hope to visit the Farmer's Market that Nicole speaks so highly of, I have been there and it IS amazing.

In healthy eating news, I have completely fallen off the wagon. I was planning on getting back in gear today (first day of the month) but April Fools!!  I ate REALLY badly today. CDI had a big meeting which they had lots of food for and I stopped by...Big mistake, I ate lots of things I shouldn't be eating...my intestines are paying the price now, so this will hopefully be a lesson learned.

I am working on my own progress report for Wednesday and tinkering with iMovie.  I'm realizing I'm no longer happy with the interface, I can not modify the content enough to suit my taste, so I am going to try working in Adobe Premiere, or Final Cut.  I learned Final Cut Pro a couple years back when I took a documentary film class at a community television station, but its NOT like riding a bike and I need to re-learn a lot of what I've forgotten.  Anyway, I'm working on a first cut of a look at the semester so far, including portions of the vlog and blog entries.  On that note, I ask that you please use personal and web posted photos in your blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment