Monday, April 25, 2011

Cellphone Used and Brain Activity

Since we did not get a chance to discuss cell phones and their usage during class last week, I decided to find a media article on the subject. This recent article showed that found that less than an hour of cellphone use can speed up brain activity in the area closest to the phone antenna, raising new questions about the health effects of low levels of radiation emitted from cellphones. While the researchers still do not think that cell phone use is harmful, they do believe that new studies need to be performed. Here is a link to the article from the New York Times.

I really enjoyed our class bike ride this week. I had never been on that side of the Salem Creek Trail. The ride was very enjoyable other than the fact that my bike seat was very uncomfortable. I hope we can do one more class ride together.

No comments:

Post a Comment