Monday, April 11, 2011

DC is Where I Need to be


Hello everyone!

I went to Washington D.C. on Thursday to a rally at Capital Hill. I won't talk about that rally in this, because I'm sure some people don't care or don't want to know, so instead I will discuss the FABULOUS bike culture in D.C.

Soooo many people were on bikes and they were everywhere! I felt weird walking. They had bike rental stations like the one below everywhere. It was really awesome to see that type of metropolitan bike culture.

I set up a meeting with the people in charge of the rat to talk to them about buying organic and local. I just want to go in and hear them out. Sorry I couldn't report on that today!

I walked probably 5 miles and have been able to track my food in take. I like the online option but it just isn't doable all the time. I'm writing my in a personal journal and in my phone.

See ya!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Small world. I'm the author of a blog titled "BeyondDC.com", and I get a google alert whenever something new with the term "beyond DC" shows up. I had to leave a comment, because the blog is about transportation (especially transit and bicycling) in DC, and because my fiance is a Salem grad from the class of 2004.

    We hope you make it here someday, and love it as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! It was my first time really being in D.C. and it is a great environment for biking and transit. I hope I make it to D.C. as well. It really does seem like a great place.

    ReplyDelete