Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Moore's Spring Trail Family

Hello everyone,

I went on a short bike ride this week ( I forgot my chap stick again). I was out for about 45 minutes.

Its been quite the busy week! However, I was able to go out to Moore's Spring Trail on Sunday. The drive only took me 30 minutes! I was really excited because today was my first trail build. There were 7 people out there and we got 45 feet finished. It was hard work but a completely positive experience. Tony was really good at explaining everything to me regarding soil and why we clear what we do. There is method to the madness! I met a group of totally devoted individuals. Steve and Randy helped me a lot too.

It was unbelievable that we made a trail on the side of a mountain completely by HAND! It took us 4 hours but we did it! It was so awesome to see the process and the steps to creating a legitimate trail.

I would love to show you all picture of the trail but my camera died right when I got out there. I took a few pictures on my phone but my phone is now broken... Bad luck? Probably. I'm just glad I didn't fall down the side of a mountain.

See you all tomorrow,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, This is great. I'm so glad you got out and experienced a trail build. How are you feeling today? A little sore? Its a good sore though right? I hope I can make it out the weekend after next when it is on a Sunday again!

    ReplyDelete