Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Piedmont Triad Farmers Market


One of my favorite place to go in the Triad isn't a store, a shopping center, or even a restaurant. My favorite place to go is the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market. The fresh fruits and vegetables are as colorful and vibrant as the farmers who grow them.

It's a great place to shop for some of the best season produce, dairy, and meats from local farms, converse with people who frequent the farmers market, and it's wonderful to hear the farmers talk so proudly about what they grow and how they grow it. It is especially important to me, as a mother, to show my son that huge chain super markets and grocery stores are not the only place to get fresh fruit, vegetables, cheese, breads, nuts, and meats.

Sometimes the farmers and individuals running the stands set up samples that you can enjoy before you purchase items. You have to go there during the summer especially, when the watermelons and strawberries are in season and the aroma fills the air so much you can taste it!!

My son, Tytus enjoying some Watermelon :)
As long as our family lives in this area, we will always shop at the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market. It not only is a great experience to share with my son, but it also makes me feel great to know that we are supporting our local farmers.

Below are pictures of some of the fresh produce some of the farmers had out last summer. I cant' wait to see all the new things this summer!! I hope this inspires everyone to check it out!!

Visit www.ncfarmfresh.com for a list of NC Farmers Markets and NC Farms you can go to and pick seasonal items :)

Heather Lorenz



Okra anyone?!
The baby Eggplants were amazing :)


A colorful assortment of Pumpkin/Squash
Some yummy Hot Peppers, before they get all the hotness added!

Tytus loves picking out his own food! We eat these with eggs in the morning :)



I believe I left off the interview part of my blog.. Apologies. I interviewed my little one :)

Me: Why do you like going to market with Mommy?
Tytus: Picking out what I want to eat and then eating it
(Mommy is glad about the majority of the farmers not using chemicals)

Me: What is your favorite part of market?
Tytus: Peaches and the peanuts

Me: Would you rather go to a grocery store and shop for our fruits and veggies, or come to market?
Tytus: Duh Mommy... MARKET!!


No comments:

Post a Comment