Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekly Fitness Update

This week, there were quite a few opportunities for me to get a fun workout in. I emphasize the word "fun" because I find that I stick with an excercise routine more if its enjoyable. I was able to do an hour of high intensity aerobics on Monday and Wednesday. This is a difficult class, but its made fun by the variety of activities the instructor leads us in, from strength training, to pilates, to high impact cardio, we do it all! On Thursday, I was excited to be able to take all 3 of my daughters out on Salem Creek Trail. We completed about 3 miles. My youngest was in the stroller, my 13yr old an I walked, and my 5 year old was the champ who jogged and skipped most of the way. On Friday, I went to a power yoga class at the Gateway YWCA. It was challenging, yet soothing at the same time. I was actually a little sore the next day from some of the poses. I thought that was strange considering the stretching and relaxation element of yoga. I did not weigh this week, but my clothes are starting to fit a little different and others are noticing a change in my appearance. Im excited about this journey, and the fact that I am able to take it seriously gives me a boost of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment