Sunday, April 10, 2011

Off the wagon

Today was finally a perfect day, and I took full advantage.  I got in about 18 miles on the bike on the Salem Creek Trail.  I haven't been out since last Saturday, when Nick and I met Tia on the trail.  I could tell...it was a rough 18 miles.  Nick asked me no fewer than 4 times if everything was alright, apparently I was very slow today. We still averaged 12.5mph.  I have been keeping up with my biweekly spin class, but it is obviously a different thing completely.  My spin instructor and I have been talking about me becoming a certified spin instructor.  I do like it, but I think I like teaching biology quite a bit better...but if I could do both, why not?!   On the trail today, I noticed the put in a new larger bridge across the creek in Washington Park.  Looks nice, plus now you don't have to wait single file for oncoming traffic to get off the bridge.

Ok, what do I mean by falling off the wagon?  Well I have been having a hard time with containing myself in the healthy eating area.  Last night I had poached eggs on a bed of feta and butter, tonight it was fried/roasted peppers stuffed with feta and eggs (thank you Bulgarian cuisine and what you do to my arteries).  So, I haven't been keeping good track on MyPlate.  It has nothing to do with any deficiencies on the site, but it is too depressing to see just how many calories I have been consuming, so ignorance is bliss. 









I plan to get back on track this week and to keep up my end of the bargain for the "Bike City" group.  I still have 30 days, but I would have liked to get going earlier.  I hope others are doing a better job with this task!  I just signed up to do a sprint-triathlon in August, so I really need to get into training mode. And learn how to swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment