Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cabbage Soup from Recipes For The Soul

Being from the south, I was very surprised that I had not heard of or tasted Cabbage Soup. This sounds good for a cold, wet, rainy day.

3 cups broth (chicken or beef)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
diced tomatoes
celery
raw carrots
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. oregano

Add broth to pan, then carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, celery and green beans. Season to taste, after carrots are done, add zucchini and cook until tender.

This recipe does not call for any bread, however; I am all about some Texas toast!

1 comment:

  1. I'll point out that this could also be made with Vegetable broth. I've made a similar one with that substitution and it is excellent. Cabbage is one of my favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete