Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Plate

Hello Everyone, I have been keeping up with "My Plate" for quite some time now. I guess, my confusion is, my calorie count for my body weight and height, is 2000 calories a day. I am staying within that limit; however, my body intake of fat is 47%. I wear my pedometer and walk and excercise with my step count everyday. (Up to 1 1/2 to 2 miles) No applause please! What's UP? Actually, I have lost 5 lbs. since this class and maintain healthy eating programs, in which I designed myself. My problem is figuring out what, why and how am I still putting more fat into my body than protiens? Cocktails DO NOT help. 100 calories a pop! Not many, just one or two every now and then. Maybe, it's because I am trying to develop my own program vs. experts? Comments?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiva - often foods that are high in protein also have quite a bit of fat in them. But ~50% fat in your diet does seem on the high side.

    Are the fats you are consuming healthy oils? Or animal based fats? Where the fats are coming from can help inform us about what can/should be cut and what can stay!!

    We can look at it on Monday if you like!!

    ReplyDelete