Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Threats to the Rich Biodiversity of Madagascar

http://www.wildmadagascar.org/conservation/threats.html

One night, I was watching the new Green Network on DirectTv, and they were doing a National Geographic type documentary on the treasures of Madagascar. To use the word treasure to describe the vast and diverse landscape as well as the rare, unique and beautiful variety of animal species is an understatement. Because of its geographical location, there has not been many new species introduced into the area, so the cameras were able to show the viewer the wonders of evolution when left alone to do what its supposed to do. When looking for a media article this week, I typed in Madagascar because I was so intrigued by what I learned from the tv program. I was disappointed, but not shocked to find that this place, like so many others have fallen victim to the many factors that rob of us natures beauty such as hunting, and deforestation. If any of you have the Green Network, I encourage you to tune in sometimes. They have wonderful documentaries about some of the same environmental issues we've discussed in class

No comments:

Post a Comment