Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LEED Productivity Benefits

Although I was unable to make it to class on Monday, I see that the discussion was mainly on LEED certified building and materials. This is something, as an interior designer, I would love to become certified in after I graduate. The benefits of being able to provide clients with proper environmentally friendly and LEED certified homes or businesses, is very important to me. My article was one where researchers focused on the approximately 250 employees of two different companies that were in the process of relocating from older, conventional offices to new, LEED-certified offices. Employees answered questions about their perceived productivity, absenteeism, health, and overall well-being, one pre-move and one post-move. The results indicated substantial improvements in all areas surveyed and that the company gained basically an extra week of productivity from each employee by changing the environment to a greener one. This study is an great start in establishing a link between a green workspace and increased productivity.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment